Degrees and Certificates
This page is currently under construction.
Why Choose This Program
The Automotive Service Technician degrees from SCTCC prepare students for entry-level positions in the automotive repair industry. The standard for today’s vehicles delivers high performance, fuel economy, navigations, video, and many more technologies. Because of this, today’s Automotive Service Technicians need to be well educated and well trained.
Graduates are proficient in using the latest equipment for wheel alignment, engine performance, electrical and electronic diagnosis, brakes, air conditioning, engine service, and drivetrain repair.
We have a spacious, well-equipped, clean, bright automotive lab.
- Our classrooms are large and clean, complete with multimedia information delivery systems and state-of-the-art, interactive automotive systems simulators.
- Our program utilizes an environmental chamber where we can place a vehicle on a wheel dynamometer and vary the temperature inside the chamber from 85F to -20F, as well as regulate the humidity. With this equipment, we are able to study the effects of climate on vehicle performance and also to help diagnose problem vehicles.
- Due to the popularity of pick-ups with diesel engines, we have developed a course titled Light Duty Diesel.
- We use late-model vehicles for training, including a hybrid which we drive and maintain.
- Our lab is operated as an actual automotive repair facility, and 75% of the repairs our students learn to do in the lab are on “live” vehicles with genuine customer concerns.
- Our instructors are all Master Certified by ASE and have many years of experience in the field.
- Our Automotive Service Technician Program is NATEF certified, but our curriculum goes above and beyond that standard to help you achieve the higher level of understanding and practice a successful Automotive Service Technician needs today.
- Demonstrate technical competence and entry level skills to become an auto service technician
- Diagnose, maintain, adjust and repair automotive systems and equipment
- Demonstrate effective and efficient use of available resources
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate use of test equipment and be in compliance with all environmental regulations
- Service Technician
- Diagnostic Technician
- Aftermarket Parts specialist
- Service Advisor
- Service Manager
- Automotive Business owner
- Gateway to Automotive Engineering
- Accessory Installation Specialist
- New automotive dealers, domestic or import
- independent repair shops.
- Motivated individuals could even open their own shop and be their own boss.
Accreditations & Credentials
The Automotive Service Technician program is accredited by:
The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc. (NATEF)
101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 101
Leesburg, VA 20175
Discovery Academy students enrolled in the Discovery Academy AYES Automotive program, can transfer up to 16 credits to SCTCC.
Students Enrolled in Discovery Academy AYES Automotive program are generating a SCTCC transcript and the credits are at low or no cost to the student.
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect to pay $4015-4275 for books and materials.
- DuraMax Hub
- Power Stroke Diesel
- 50 Fail and Funny Car Repair Compilation
- Chrysler Hemi FirePower V8 Engine Rebuild
Clubs & Organizations