Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
A CNC and Advanced Machining degree from SCTCC prepares students to shape metal and other hard materials with exactness. Students will gain skills to read blueprints and written instructions to convert various materials in intricate, precise, usable parts.
By using machine tools such as lathes, mills, grinder, drill-presses, computer, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines, graduates will be ready for the expanding workforce as a machine operator, machinist, or tool and die or mold-maker apprentice.
- Demonstrates problem-solving ability
- Attends tool shows and metalworking exhibitions when possible
- Reads trade journals and magazines for professional growth
- Read blueprints and written instructions
- Select proper machinery, materials, and tools
- Gain proficiency with machine tools such as lathes, mills, grinders, drill-presses, computers, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
- Setup and milling operations on Bridgeports
- Setup and turning operations on Lathes
- G & M code programming for CNC machines
- CAM designing and programming software
- CNC setup and operation
- Multi-axis CNC Machining and Turning center programming/setup and operation
Types of Careers
- Machinist: Manual and CNC
- CNC Operator
- CNC Setup
- CNC programming
- Quality inspector
The general education courses are a part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
Bemidji State University – 2 + 2 articulation
Minnesota State University Moorhead – 2 + 2 articulation
Anthony Wolbersen, Machine Tool Technology Instructor
Phone: (320) 308-6597
Fax: (320) 308-5985
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect to spend $4520-4820 on books, supplies, and materials.
Clubs & Organizations
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel and provides educational programs, events and competitions that support career and technical education (CTE) in the nation’s classrooms.