Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
Students in the Welding Program learn a variety of techniques, including Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Oxy-Acetylene Welding and Brazing, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, fuel gas and plasma cutting. They will also learn metallurgy, fabrication and equipment, automated machining, CADD, blueprint reading and safety procedures.
Welds will be made to industry standards using the AWS D1.1 Structural Code and AWS D1.3 structural welding code-sheet steel. Welds will be done in all positions, and guided bend tests will be made to check weld quality.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blueprints and codes.
- Use critical thinking skills and apply mathematics to solve Welding problems.
- Select appropriate welding technology, techniques, and be able to properly demonstrate welding ability with GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, OFW, and Robotic Welding.
- Determine materials properties to insure safe handling and proper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Use appropriate forms of communications to effectively and efficiently communicate with costumers, co-workers and supervision.
- Apply critical thinking and decision-making processes to technical problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule, plan, and manage time effectively so you are able to maintain a good attendance record.
Types of Careers
- Structural Steel
- Plant Maintenance
- Pipe Fitting
- Stainless steel Tank Fabrication.
- Structural steel fabrication
- Power plant construction
- Pipe fitting for medical grade equipment
- Pipe fitting for petroleum
- Equipment and robotics sales
- Transportation manufacturing
- Agricultural manufacturing and repair
- Off shore drilling construction
Where Grads Work
- Park Industries
- New Flyer
- Advanced Process Technologies
- DCI Inc.
- Al's Ornamental Iron
- Northern Metal Products
- Weidner Mechanical
- Flour City Bending Inc.
Accreditations & Credentials
American Welding Society (AWS) SENSE Program
Phone: (320) 308-5931
Fax: (320) 308-5981
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect to pay $1480 for books, supplies, and materials.
Clubs & Organizations
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel and provides educational programs, events and competitions that support career and technical education (CTE) in the nation’s classrooms.