Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
SCTCC’s Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program provides the students with academic, labs and clinical opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and core qualities to become a registered nurse.
The ADN program combines classroom lectures, simulation labs, clinical activities, and other numerous learning opportunities. The program is demanding and rigorous in the scope and depth of study. You will be expected to display personal responsibility and understanding of the requirements of the program and profession.
You will have the opportunity to become a registered nurse through progression of nursing assistant to licensed practical nurse to registered nurse. Graduates from the ADN program have the option to apply to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
- Demonstrate nursing care that is client-centered, culturally sensitive, and based on the holistic needs of clients, families and communities.
- Use sound nursing judgment in the provision of safe, quality care that promotes the health of clients within a family and community context
- Practice professional nursing in a caring, ethical and legal manner that integrates integrity, accountability, leadership, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Contribute to the management of healthcare and continued quality improvement by incorporating evidence-based practice, cost containment, and current technology.
Where Grads Work
- St. Cloud Hospital
- CentraCare Health System
- Fairview Ridges Hospital
- Park Nicollet
- Health Partners Clinic
- Ramsey County
- Lake Health
- Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center
Accreditations & Credentials
The St. Cloud Technical and Community College Associate Degree Nursing program holds pre-accreditation status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, Located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20037. Holding pre-accreditation status does not guarantee that initial accreditation by NLN CNEA will be received.
Minnesota Board of Nursing
2829 University Ave SE Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414
The St. Cloud Technical and Community College Associate Degree Nursing program is pursuing accreditation from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2500. Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA, attention Lusetha Rolle, NLN CNEA Manager of Accreditation Services, no later than February 18, 2019.
SCTCC has an articulation agreement with MSU-Moorhead that will accept all 64 credits of the Mobility Degree towards their on-line BSN degree 120 credit requirement. If you are interested in pursuing this option you will want to complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses as you must have these completed before applying to the BSN Program. To get a second Degree Audit Report for the Associate of Arts added to your on-line E-Services student account, you can declare a second major by submitting a change of program form to the Admissions Team requesting the Associate of Arts degree as a second major. The courses required for the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum can be found at the top of listing of all of the majors at SCTCC.
To learn more about the Practical Nursing program, sign up for an Information Session. These sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Talk face-to-face with program faculty.
- Tour state-of-the-art labs, where hands on learning comes to life.
- Get your questions answere
Admitted Pre-A.D.N. Students at SCTCC
Current SCTCC students can contact the Academic Advising Center.
Office: Northway Building, 1-312
Clubs & Organizations