So you’re about to begin employment with St. Cloud Technical & Community College. Congratulations! Now what should you do? Below are a few of the things that need to be done to ensure your employment gets off to a smooth start.
Prior to your first day…
You should print, complete, and return the forms listed below.
- Personnel Data Sheet
- Form W-4
- Minnesota Form W-4MN
- Direct Deposit Form
- Acknowledgement of Public Information
- Consent to Photograph
- MNsure and Other Public Marketplaces: Coverage Options
- Form I-9
The I-9 form, is required by federal law. You will need to complete the I-9 form and provide the necessary proof of your eligibility for employment in the US. Acceptable forms of identification are listed on the I-9 form.
- Employee Information Sheet
- MVR Form
Only after your employment documents have been received…
And entered into the payroll system can you begin receiving your paycheck, obtain your employee ID card, and activate St. Cloud Technical & Community College account granting access to SCTCC systems including computers, email, servers, etc.
Take care of other odds and ends…
- Generate your StarID – Go to https://starid.minnstate.edu to create this unique ID. You will need your SCTCC tech ID number or your State Employee ID number to complete this process.
- Get a parking permit – Go to https://webapps.sctcc.edu/parkingregistration/ to register your vehicle. Then visit the cashiers near the main entrance of the main building to arrange for payment.
- Get an employee ID badge made at the Campus Card Office, Room 1-131 in the main building.
- Access your e-mail/college systems – Your email address and initial password will be sent to you through your supervisor. To access email from any internet connection, go to http://outlook.com/minnstate.edu.
- Get keys – Obtain room keys by filling out the form located at https://webapps.sctcc.edu/keys/key_request/ . **You will need your Star ID and Password in order to obtain keys**. You will be contacted via email when your keys are ready for pickup.
- Self Service Web Site – View your paystub, update home address, direct deposit, enroll in benefits (if eligible), by going to www.state.mn.us/employee. You will need your State Employee ID number to access this website.
- Do you get benefits? Not all positions are eligible for benefits. If you are eligible for benefits, schedule a meeting with Julie Simonson, Human Resources Technician, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (320) 308-5464.
Once you've started, you can order business cards and a nametag, as well as find information for email signature and office nameplates, at this link.