Override requests are accepted one to two semesters in advance depending on when the next semester’s courses are posted.
- October 1 Spring and Summer Schedules are posted.
- March 1 Fall schedules are posted.
What is the Math Override form?
- The Math Override is a request made to SCTCC’s Math Override Committee for a student who does not currently have the needed test score or pre-req for the Math course they are interested in taking.
- The Math Override Committee reviews the reason for the request, test scores, GPA, and prior college course information in determining acceptance for a test scores or pre-req override.
What is a test score/pre-req?
- See the Math Placement Grid to determine the test score or pre-req needed for the course you wish to take.
The Math Override form is NOT for:
- Late registration requests
- Overload requests for a full course
- Review of high school math courses for consideration into SCTCC’s Math courses (See an Academic Advisor)
- An Accuplacer Appeal
- Review of Transfer of Credit for a Math course
A note to Visiting Students (students not admitted to SCTCC):
- Students must have a valid StarID and SCTCC ID to complete the form.
- If you do not have a StarID, to create one visit: StarID Self-Service.
- If you just created a StarID you will need to wait 24 hours to proceed to the next step.
- For those who have an active StarID, they should log into eServices and attempt to register for the Math course they wish to get an override for. NOTE, the registration attempt will fail, but the act of trying to register will generate an SCTCC tech ID.
- Once the registration attempt has been made, proceed to log into the Math Override Form.