Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
Biology is the study of living organisms. This program offers the opportunity for students to complete an associate degree that will fully transfer to a Biology Bachelor's degree program at any one of the seven universities within the Minnesota State System that offers that major.
The entire curriculum has been carefully designed to meet designated bachelor’s degree program requirements for transfer students planning initial study at one of the 30 community and technical colleges of Minnesota State that offers the pathway.
- Biology Technician
- Medical & Health Fields
- Research Sciences
- Medical Doctor
- Science Illustrator
- Water Quality Technician
- Wildlife Biologist
- Medical equipment manufacturers
- Health Field
The associate’s degree in Biology fully transfers to a Biology bachelor’s degree program at any one of the seven Minnesota State universities:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- St. Cloud State University
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Winona State University
Requirements for transfer:
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at SCTCC in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken from SCTCC.