Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
An accounting degree from SCTCC offers in-depth accounting and business courses so students are ready for many career options or advance in a current position.
Graduates can to work almost anywhere, including firms specializing in tax prep or audits, large and small businesses, or the government.
After completing the AAS degree, students can take the national Accredited Business Accountant (ABA) accreditation and the State of Minnesota Registered Accounting Practitioner (RAP) exams.
- SCTCC is one of the top two-year accounting programs in the country
- Small class sizes and hands-on learning
- Grads pass the national accounting accreditation exam at a rate 2-3 times higher than the national average
- SCTCC grads pass the exam in most years than from any other two-year college
- Employers value SCTCC accounting grads
- Identify and journalize economic transactions.
- Prepare and interpret financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Computer knowledge in accounting and business application software, like QuickBooks and RIA Checkpoint.
- Basic business math concepts and calculations.
- Apply audit techniques and report findings to present fair financial statements.
- Legal concepts, contract law, and the judicial system.
- General business concepts, business formation, management, and economics.
- Federal and state personal income tax law, filing annual returns, and federal partnership and corporate tax returns.
- Financial and managerial accounting functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Calculate, record, and report payroll and all related payroll taxes.
- All accounting functions in a governmental or non-profit environment.
Types of Careers
- Financial Accountant
- Tax Accountant/Tax Preparer
- Managerial Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Business Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Analysts
- Purchasing Manager
- Business Owner
- CPA Firms
- Service Companies
- Retail Companies
- Manufacturing Companies
- Government Agencies
- Non-profit Organizations
Where Grads Work
- GATR Truck Center
- Stearns County
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Anderson Gilyard
- Miller Auto Center
Accreditations & Credentials
Students completing the Accounting AAS Degree are eligible to take the national Accredited Business Accountant (ABA) accreditation and the State of Minnesota Registered Accounting Practitioner (RAP) accreditation exams.
In past years, SCTCC graduates have a pass rate more than double the national average on the national accreditation exam.
Phone: (320) 308-5120
Fax: (320) 308-5981
In addition to tuition and fees, Accounting students can expect to pay $2,184 for books, supplies, and materials.