Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
A degree in Marketing and Design preps graduates for the ever-changing world of how to reach customers.
By developing creative and technical skills in copywriting, public relations, design, and photography, there are a variety of career paths graduates can take. Students will take classes focused on communications, innovation, and creativity.
Marketing and Design students will have the opportunity to be a part of The Northway Group, a one-of-a-kind, student-run, in-house advertising agency. Being a part of this will broaden knowledge of the marketing, advertising, communication, and design industries
"As an alum of the Marketing and Design program, I hold in high regard, the education I received at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.”
- Dennis Host, Vice President of Marketing, Coborns, Inc.
"As a member of the Marketing and Design Program Advisory Board, I believe their Advertising program is completely unique and better prepares students entering the advertising business with a broad spectrum of skills than any other school in the state of Minnesota."
- Aimee Minnerath, Marketing Manager, Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota
"I can firmly say that I was hired in my current role due to the web knowledge, communication skills, and rounded education I gained from the courses and teachers at SCTCC."
- Kelsey Besser, Account Executive, Siteimprove, Inc.
- Incorporate computer design skills and concepts in the creation of visual and digital media.
- Develop critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Work successfully as a team member
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both writing and spoken formats
- Time management and the ability to meet various deadlines
Types of Jobs
- Graphic design, copywriting, and print production
- Web design, social and digital media, and interactive
- Media planning, buying, and traffic
- Advertising sales, account sales, and management
- Public relations, promotions, and direct marketing
- Brand strategy and communication
- Advertising agencies and corporate advertising departments
- Digital and interactive agencies
- Specialty advertising firms
- Public relation and marketing firms
- Self-employed and freelance work
Phone: (320) 308-5978
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect a cost of $1458 for books, supplies, and materials.
Students are also required to purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for $19.99/month. http://www.adobe-students.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html
Just apply once for SCTCC scholarships, and you're automatically considered for all eligible scholarships.
Clubs & Organizations
The Nothway Group is the SCTCC Marketing and Design program's in-house advertising agency. Each project is an individualized student experience with a sponsoring business, organization, or professional and their instructor.
Each student is assigned agency roles with various projects based upon their skill set and experience. Students will then apply their knowledge of marketing, writing, design, research, photography, computer software and production techniques to complete a series of projects that will realistically simulate agency work experience. As students develop their individual skillsets and experience how TNG operates, they will expand leadership roles and responsibilities in subsequent semesters to hone their craft for their chosen career path.