Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
With a dental hygiene degree from SCTCC, grads are licensed primary healthcare professionals. After learning skills in the classroom, students will take the National Dental Hygiene Board exam, the Central Regional Board exam, and then get a license in the state where they want to practice.
Hygienists work in clinical dental settings and provide preventative, educational, and therapeutic services to patients. By promoting public health, dental hygienists help people learn the importance of dental health.
Duties include patient assessment, teeth cleaning, taking radiographs and dental images, applying fluoride treatments, providing periodontal therapy, and administering local anesthesia and nitrous oxide/oxygen inhalation.
- Patient communications
- Patient assessment and management
- Patient education and counseling
- Dental Materials
- Dental Anatomy
- Professional standards
- Attention to detail
- Use of technology
- Ability to work independently or as a team
Types of Careers
- Dental hygiene clinician
- Practice manager
- Sales and marketing
- Community health specialist
- Dental hygiene educator
- Private dental practices
- Corporate dental practices
- Specialty dental practices
- Dental supply companies
Where Grads Work
- Cities Dental Group
- Park Dental
- Clearwater Dental
- Winegar Dental
- Medical Arts Dental Office
- Falls Court Dentists, P.A.
- Bicknell & Lehn Family Dentistry
- White Smiles Family Dentistry
Accreditations & Credentials
The St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) Dental Hygienist program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
To learn more about the Dental Hygiene program, sign up for an Information Session. These sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Talk face-to-face with program faculty.
- Tour state-of-the-art labs, where hands on learning comes to life.
- Get your questions answered.
Current Pre-Dental Hygiene Students at SCTCC:
Academic Advising Center
Office: Northway Building, 1-312
Clubs & Organizations
SADHA (Student American Dental Hygiene Association)