Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
Every day, paramedics are faced with providing care to acutely ill and injured patients in limited conditions. Lifesaving procedures and decisions are determined in an instant. In SCTCC's paramedicine program, you'll receive a high level of training to provide advanced care through medications and invasive procedures in the pre‐hospital and hospital environment.
Our graduates put their skills to work for private ambulance companies, hospitals, emergency flight services (both helicopter and airplane), industry and city health agencies, fire departments and law enforcement agencies. Paramedics also can incorporate their training in other career fields like park services and ski patrol.
Currently a certified paramedic?
Looking to expand your role? Consider enrolling in our Community Paramedicine Certificate. This one-semester program will provide paramedics with education and training to expand their role to more broadly serve communities in the areas of primary care, public health, disease management, prevention and wellness, mental health and oral health.
The Community Paramedic program incorporates theoretical knowledge with extensive clinical application and experience. This training provides students with the opportunity to enter the field with the skills and knowledge to guide patients in their overall health needs.
- Patient Assessment (Medical and Trauma)
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Endotracheal Intubation (ETI)
- Supraglottic Airways (i.e. King Airway, Combitube)
- Surgical Airway / Cricothyrotomy
- Transtracheal Jet Insufflation
- Bag Valve Mask (BVM)
- Ventilator management
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Intravenous Access (IV)
- Intraosseous Access (IO)
- Cardiac rhythm interpretation
- 12 Lead application and interpretation
- Pacing, Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Medication administration (over 60 medications)
- Chest Decompression
- Bandaging, splinting, spinal immobilization
Types of Careers
- Emergency Department Technician
- Flight Paramedic
- Ambulance services
- Hospitals and urgency rooms
- Flight services (helicopter and airplane)
- Event coverage
Where Grads Work
- Gold Cross Ambulance
- North Memorial Health Care
- MN Department of Natural Resources
- Allina Health
Accreditations & Credentials
Our Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
|National Registry First Time Pass||National Registry Overall Pass||Retention||Placement: Grads who sought jobs or further education|
To learn more about the Paramedicine program, sign up for an Information Session. These sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Talk face-to-face with program faculty.
- Tour state-of-the-art labs, where hands-on learning comes to life.
- Get your questions answered.
Admitted Pre-Practical Nursing Students at SCTCC
Current students who are Pre-Paramedicine can contact the Academic Advising Center.
Office: Northway Building, 1-312