The Paramedicine program welcomes 18 students every fall semester.
Open application period: The Paramedicine program open application period is December 1st through April 1st the following year or later if the program is not filled
The Paramedicine Program uses a selective process and there is no waitlist for this program. Completing the prerequisite courses does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
If you are not an admitted and registered student at SCTCC, apply to SCTCC and submit official transcripts prior to completing the Paramedicine application.
- Apply online
- Pay $20 application fee
- Submit high school transcript
- Required if graduated high school 5 or fewer years ago
- If the language of record is not English, a certified translation must be included with the official transcript
- Submit official college transcript from ALL colleges previously attended
- If the language or record is not English, a certified course-by-course evaluation that includes GPA and course levels must be provided
- Submit Accuplacer, ACT, SAT, or MCA test scores
- Or schedule a time to take the Accuplacer exam at SCTCC or a location near you
- Attend a Paramedicine Program Information Session to receive the most current program information.
- Current certification for CPR/AED (Healthcare Provider level) and EMT Basic (MN EMSRB EMT-B).
- Completion of Medical Terminology HLTH 1440 or equivalent course.
- Applicants are only allowed to retake each prerequisite course a second time for this program.
Students should have all the prerequisite and general education course requirements completed prior to the start of the program courses.
- Upon meeting the Admissions Criteria, submit the Paramedicine Program on-line application.
- The program application window will stay open until the program starts or until the program is full.
- Applicants will be ranked on the acceptance criteria and Point System.
Applicants that are not selected into the program are encouraged to review the acceptance criteria and Point System and to gain additional points before applying during the next open application period.